Week 8 Comments and Feedback

 Feedback In

    Overall, I think the feedback I have received has been okay. It's not always the most helpful, but it's not always completely terrible. My biggest concern with most of the feedback I've received is it's nothing but praise. Most people do their best to meet the minimum 60 word count and avoid being critical. I understand that most people in this class don't want a career in writing. This is just an elective. So, they might not care as much about improving their own writing or helping others do so. I do. I want people to tear my writing apart. I want to know what's unlikeable about it. I can't improve if I don't. I wish my feedback felt a bit more critical.

Feedback Out

    I would like to think that I am providing good feedback. I try to implement the WWW or TAG methods in some form in my comments. I try to offer praise as well as criticism and suggestions. I hope people are getting something out of my comments.

Blog Comments

    I'll admit I don't really feel like I know anyone through their blogs. I don't interact with them beyond the assigned comments. I don't feel like that's really enough to get to know someone. Especially, when you consider that I comment on a different person's blog every week. I don't think my blog feels representative of me either. I don't think it necessarily needs to. I'm okay with people reading my stuff for their assignment and moving on. I don't think who I am as a person adds much to the writing here. So, its okay to not know me.

Looking Forward

     don't really know what I could do differently to make the feedback assignments more useful to me and others. I could try adding a "please be highly critical" statement in my author's note, maybe? As for others, I'm just going to continue to try and provide critical feedback in an encouraging and helpful way.

Image

(cheezburger)
    I included this image because I think it is an incredibly important thing to remember. Even more so when engaging in a creative activity like writing. As a creative, you have to learn how to accept criticism. You take what helps from it, put it to work and ignore the negative connotations it may have. That little voice in your head can be ruthless. It's imperative that we all learn to make it shut up for a little bit and ignore it when it won't. That little voice never offers any real helpful advice.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction of Me, Myself and I

Week 2 Story: Beauty and the Basilisk