Microfiction: Dangerously Refreshing

    Deadly Cleansing

     I didn't think it would be that bad. Nobody explained it to me. As the fumes filled my mask, I felt the tears well up. The burning sensation filled my mouth. My nose dripped in solidarity. I felt the tears fall. I couldn't let any of the others see my pain. What would they think of me? How could they count on me to help them if they saw me this way? Then, the pain went away and I was left feeling refreshed and born anew. The stench of my past mistakes were washed away. Damn, these mints are strong.

Surprise!

I cried at work today.
(Photo by LMAP)



Author's Notes

    I think the hundred word story is a really good medium for a joke. Honestly, it might be a little long. So, I wanted to use it to get a chuckle from myself. I told a story about me eating some really strong mints while wearing my mask at work. I wanted to frame it like someone in the trenches of war being gassed and then you get the reveal of it being about mints. 
    For the second story, I went with a 6-word story. Well, I managed to get it down to 5, but who's keeping count? I told the same story of the mints but tried to phrase it in a way that leaves it open. Did I cry because I was fired? Promoted? Minted? 

Comments

  1. Hi Caleb!
    Wow you got me. I was not ready for your story to be based around you eating a mint. Haha well done. I think that you had entertaining and quite relatable stories as I have experienced the same thing, but with extremely minty gum and a mask. I also enjoyed your 6 word story and showed it to my friend as both of us have cried at work MANY times before. I guess I will hope you only cried because of minty fresh power, but if not I am sorry! Fun to read stories right here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I will admit I was a little confused at first and then began to feel a little worried. I was not sure where the story was going and then I finally caught on to what was happening. Do your microfictions go together or was that coincidental? Overall I really enjoyed them and thought it was very unique how you portrayed them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Caleb,

    This was quite the plot twist. I definitely didnt expect it to be about a mint. I love microfiction because you can convey so much in so little words, and it's always fun to play around and see what type of stories you can tell. Even though this story was short, i think you did a great job of conveying the emotions of the author and there's great sensory detail. good work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction of Me, Myself and I

Week 2 Story: Beauty and the Basilisk