Reflections on Blog Assignments

Blog from Scrabble letters (Image by Wokandapix on Pixabay)

     This is certainly not like any other class I have ever taken. I'm not yet sure how I feel about that yet. I am excited to begin reading and engaging with the stories this class follows. If I wasn't, I wouldn't have taken this class. I am intrigued by the idea of rewriting some of these tales and creating new stories from scratch. I enjoy writing stories and I am always grateful for a chance to sharpen those skills. However, I'm not yet sure how I feel about the blogging aspect of the class.

    This blogging thing is really foreign to me and feels a bit unnecessary. It feels like having to solve a word scramble in order to write my assignment. I'd much prefer to just receive and turn in my assignments through canvas. I'm not super fond of having to publish my classwork to the rest of the class and having them interact with it. Nor am I super fond of having to interact with my classmates' works. With that being said; I understand that trying new systems and existing outside of my comfort zone is an important part of growing and learning. I hope this class will help me become more comfortable with sharing my work and projects with people and engaging with the works of others. 

    The micro stories are extra credit assignments I will likely be interested in. I find that I am often a bit wordy when I write. I have to constantly condense my work and be wary of sharing unnecessary information in my stories. I think being forced to think within the confines of a paragraph or a sentence will help in training myself to write in a more economical fashion. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction of Me, Myself and I

Week 2 Story: Beauty and the Basilisk