A Few of My Storybook Favorites from the List

"Don't judge a book by its cover!"

Bookshelf full of books (source)

    Well, how else should I find stories I might like? I sup that's what a good title is for. These are three storybooks from the provided list that caught my interest from their titles and held it with the introduction. 

    Tarzan and Jane's School for Feral Children smacked me in the face as I scrolled through the list of storybooks. I could see the story fold out in front of me from the title alone and I was not disappointed by the rest of what I saw. Before reading a word, I appreciated the home page for this project. The design looked nice with the full photo as a background and the sections were easy to navigate to because they were right in the center of the page. The introduction provided a crystal clear depiction of what the stories might be about and introduced characters fairly well. I especially appreciated the author maintaining Tarzan's simplistic broken English throughout his dialogue. Both Tarzan and Jane had clear character definition from the start. 

    Real Housewives of Happily Ever After was an immediate pick for me. I love modern adaptations of older stories and the classic princesses being portrayed as modern high society royalty is one of my favorite tropes. The author did a good job of introducing each character and their modern twist. The idea of Snow White being a stressed out maniac at home because of her seven "children" but a well-put-together meditation guru in public is great. Also, Of course Rapunzel has her own line of hair care products! The title and introduction lead well into what I assume is a fun and goofy adventure through the lives of modern urban royalty. 

    I can't say that Go Greece or Go Home swept me off my feet or demanded my attention with its title. I honestly don't know what about it intrigued me, but it did. The introduction proved me right. While, this one was a bit lengthy for my taste, it set up the forthcoming story seemingly well and kept me interested. This introduction felt almost like it's own story or chapter in a story. It had a lot to say. I would hope to avoid this if I was doing this project. However, because of the way it was written, the author was able to set up a great cliffhanger at the end of the introduction that genuinely made me want to keep reading their storybook. That is something I would hope to achieve if I was doing this project.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction of Me, Myself and I

Week 2 Story: Beauty and the Basilisk